National Institute for Research on Nutrition and Health (INCIENSA)
(Instituto Costarricense de Investigación y Enseñanza en Nutrición y Salud)
Tel: +506 2799911
Tres Rios, Cartago, Costa Rica
Dra. Lissette Navas - Director
Connect With Inciensa:
The Institute for Research and Education on Nutrition and Health (INCIENSA) is a public health institution under the Ministery of Health. INCIENSA is responsible for:
- Prevent and control public health issues through the development of epidemiological surveillance systems and laboratoies based national reference centers (CNR).
- Run public health research to generate knowledge and to support timely and effective decision making .
- Public Health education and communication.
INCIENSA's National Reference Centers (CNR) areresponsible for coordinating surveillance systems based on laboratory quality assurance programs. They also implement quality laboratory work for priority diseases, conduct research and train public health human resources.
- Laboratory tests
- Quality Assurance
- Epidemiological Surveillance
- Swine Flu A H1N1 in Costa Rica
- Assess regional public health capacity and improve linkages
- Costa Rica National Institute for Research on Nutrition and Health (INCIENSA)
Costa Rica Facts
51,100 sq km
LEADING CAUSES OF DEATH:
- Coronary Heart Disease
- Lung Disease
9 deaths/1,000 live births
AVERAGE LIFE SPAN:
Source: WHO, World Bank, World Health Rankings